Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Section 1-6


As the first "student poster" to our Precalc Blog... I would like to present... Section 1-6! Section 1-6 is all about transformations and odd/even functions.

For our class notes and examples of what each type of graph looks like... visit: http://www.nickloui.com/precalc/1-6.htm

It's grouped into each type of transformation and should be fairly straightforward ( I tried to write neatly-ish ). Please email me if the website doesn't work (This is the first time I've tried to share my tablet notes), or better yet leave a comment!


Example Problem
The graph to the left is the graph of



Graph what the result of -f(x) would be.
Here's the Answer





Additional Internet Resources
Reflections of Graphs in y-Axis
Reflections of GRaphs in x-Axis
Both provide an interactive java applet to demonstrate the properties of f(-x) and -f(x)

A reminder to "navjit...he's more fly than sam?" to post the next set of notes!




Another note to help you out this year...
Our Precalculus Book is available online (the full text) which makes lugging it back and forth a bit easier. Click Here for the link of the textbook. Our Class Pass is: 1565-931fc25fe

For when you're bored -- there's an amazing parody of Shakespeare in Love that I learned about at film camp this year called George Lucas in Love and it's on one of my favorite websites Youtube! Click Here

1 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Blogger navjit said...

Thank you for the first post. I really am thankful for the textbook site.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home